“Making God's Love Real as an L3 Congregation: Loving God, Loving Our Community & World, Loving One Another”
“Make faithful disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
- 5.22 - Casual Contemporary Service (5:22 pm Saturdays in Fellowship Hall) with communion offered each week.
- Early Worship - A Blend of Contemporary and Traditional with Coffee Bar before (8:00 am Sundays in the Sanctuary)
- Contemporary Service - Praise Band & Coffee Bar (9:15 am Sundays in Fellowship Hall)
- Jubilee - Celebratory, Lively, Energetic Experience for youth and the youth at heart (9:00 am Sundays in the Light House)
- Traditional Service - in the Sanctuary with Coffee Bar before (10:30 am Sundays)
In ancient building practices, the cornerstone was the principal stone placed at the corner of the edifice. The cornerstone was usually the largest, the most solid, and the most carefully constructed of any in the edifice. Jesus describes Himself as the Cornerstone that His church would be built upon, a unified body of believers.
Within First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill, the cornerstones of CONNECT, GROW, SERVE, and SHARE are laid upon the Cornerstone of Jesus Christ. They serve as the foundation and infrastructure for the church as well as for individual personal growth. Corporately, the Cornerstones challenge each of us to "reach the world for Christ for the transformation of the world."
All of the ministries within the church rest upon one of these cornerstones. All of us together make up the body of Christ and within that body, our gifts and our talents are manifest to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. With that proclamation in mind, we are to go into the world that others have opportunity to hear and that still others might become a part of God's family.
Think of these words as you participate in the programs, ministries, and possibilities within First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill. God bless you as you join all those who serve the Lord in whatever capacity He has placed upon your heart. Be prayerful as you connect, grow, serve and share!
The Cornerstones at First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill are intended to help people:
- CONNECT to God through Worship. "God is Spirit and his people must worship Him in spirit and truth." - John 4:24
Connect to God through worship is our goal for every person who attends First Spring Hill. This starts in the worship service, where we worship God through music, Biblical teaching and Fellowship.
- GROW in their faith through Discipleship. This includes Sunday Schools, Bible Studies and Small Groups. "He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ." - Colossians 1:28
Once a person starts attending First Spring Hill, we will help them grow in their faith through discipleship - Sunday schools, Bible studies, and Small Groups.
- SERVE others in the name of Christ. "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather serve one another in love." - Galatians 5:13
The church is to operate as a body of specially gifted ministers who exercise their spiritual gifts in their area of passion. There are three aspects of this process: serve our members, serve the community, serve in ministry.
- SHARE their testimonies for the evangelism of the world. "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."- 1 Peter 3:15
Share testimonies for the evangelism of the world. This means we commit ourselves to taking the Good News of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. Sharing our faith and inviting others to church is how the process continues in a never ending cycle.
As a family of believers at First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill, we are held together by the love of our Heavenly Father expressed through the life of his son Jesus Christ. As such we hold steadfastly to the following Core Values as taught by him and expressed in the acrostic CHRIST:
The current core values of First UMC of Spring Hill to which the church holds steadfastly were taught by Jesus Christ and are expressed in the acrostic CHRIST:
- Commitment – This congregation, both corporately and individually, believes that to demonstrate true commitment to Jesus Christ, we participate in Bible study, prayer, worship and faithful stewardship of our gifts and talents.
Deuteronomy 6:5 - “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”
- Hope – We have faith that the salvation offered through Jesus Christ is the only hope for the world.
Romans 15:13 – “May the God of all hope fill you with joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- Relationship – We pursue time with Jesus personally and with others through prayer groups, Bible study groups, community outreach, sharing Communion, the Sacrament of Baptism, and fellowship together.
Acts 2:42 - “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.”
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves with integrity other within our church and within our community such that we will be recognized as children of God.
Titus 2:7-8 - “Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech . . . “
- Service – We serve our community with care and compassion, meeting the physical and spiritual needs of our brothers and sisters and carrying the word of God to all those we meet.
Matthew 25:40 - “ . . .whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
- Thankfulness – We express our thankfulness to God through prayer, praise, worship and the giving of ourselves and our offerings to Him, bringing honor and glory to Jesus.
Colossians 3:17 - “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
As a church built on the foundation of Christ, we believe these values are the underpinning of our community, our service, and love for one another and provide us with guidance and purpose in our daily lives thus supporting the Mission and Vision of First United Methodist Church of Spring Hill.